Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Salt and Pepper

They could not be more different, then Martha and Trisha.
Martha is a petite, cute little spunky lady in her fifties.
She has a weekend home out in the country in Schulenburg and lives in the prestige’s inner loop area of Houston.
Martha, "not Marsha", is a Marsha in every way.
 I like to joke when I refer to her and call her, "Marsha, Marsha, Marsha”, with that sad pathetic, frustrated Jan voice from the Brady Bunch.
Martha is always put together. Her clothes are fresh and preppy, and her hair looks like she just stepped out of the salon. It is a beautiful color of natural grey with wonderful highlights. It is cut in a bob and worn straight with every hair in its proper place.
Her eyes are bright and intense. She looks directly at you the entire time she is speaking and shakes her head a bit as she talks with the cutest of expression.
You may hear her saying at least a couple of times, "Oh……., that is fabulous", with a dramatic flair.
Oh…., “Martha, Martha, Martha"!
Trish-A, and it is Trisha, not Trish, as she told me recently as if I had one more chance to get it right, or she just might smack me, is the polar opposite of Martha.
Trish-A is decorated from her neck to her toes in colorful, unique tattoos. She is also petite, but has a grungy earthy look, with loose fitting clothes flat, worn leather sandals and scarfs draped around her neck.
Trisha's hair is dark brown and usually loosely piled up upon her head. She is cute and spunky just like Martha and wears dark framed glasses over her dark brown intense eyes.
Trish-A recently bought a home in Schulenburg, it is over 100 years old and she has decorated it with her antiques and vintage art. Her closet is made out of an old ladder with a vintage slip as the drape to serve as the door.  Her kitchen was completely gutted and has stainless steel shelves and racks which look like they were pulled straight from an industrial restaurant kitchen.
Trisha and her husband are both artist and they are turning their old ran down house, in the small little town of Schulenburg into their greatest art piece yet. 
It's funny when I think about these two ladies and trying to describe how different they are, because as I am doing so, I am realizing how similar they actually are.

They are unique, petite, intense, funny, outspoken and a bit overbearing in a fun exciting way. These two women are actually extremely alike, despite their differences.

I met them both through The Shop Downtown. They both have just appeared and became a part of my shop and my life, without me seeking or searching or asking for either one of them.
This seems to be the constant in my little shop. The people I need seem to always come exactly when I need them to arrive.
It’s a God thing! 
Truthfully, if I had them both sit down one day for about an hour together, I could sell tickets just to listen to these two talk!
I am, however, extremely thankful for both of them.   
Life can always use a little Salt and Pepper!
Two different spices, that are, complimentary to one another.  

No comments:

Post a Comment